Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Project Managers to Hide Workspaces & all CAD Integration UI

Allow Project Managers to Hide Workspaces & all CAD Integration UI

As a Windchill Project Manager, I would like to disable all the CAD integration capabilities for a Windchill Project. There are many times when projects are established for document and knowledge sharing and no CAD or PART interface is needed. Getting the UI for CAD and PARTS out of the Project UI is critical to the successful use and adoption of the Project. Users are easily overwhelmed by all the buttons and menus that are of no interest to them.

Many other capabilities of Windchill ProjectLink can be disabled quite easily using the Team's Configure Actions for Roles utility. I find this to be very easy to use and something that gives the Project Manager the ability to decide what features and capabilities need to be available in a specific project. It would be great if "Manage CAD" became a new check box item in the Configure Actions for Roles window and unchecking it removed all the CAD UI.

1 Comment
Participant

Not really related, but I'd like to see many of the permissions currently afforded a Product or Project Manager attached to a (new ootb) Product or Project Data Administrator Role.  Actual Product and Project Managers often do not have the Windchill knowledge needed for the Admin level permissions that come with these roles out of the box.