based on archived idea I rise hand to implement it
When duplicating a WTPart, user should be able to select whether linked WTDocuments shall be linked ...
Currently, it is possible to set the behavior system-wide whether the copied WTParts should also have links to the previously linked WTDocuments or not.
This is currently possible to set for describing documents and reference documents separately If new copy should be crated.
It would be good if "copy with or without links to WTDocuments" could be set for each WTPart by the user individually in the "Save As" dialog list.
"Copy of WTPart with cutting the Link to the WTDocs individually" has not been implemented.
Please Vote for it.
Thank you for publishing your idea. We need more information as specified in the form you saw in the submission process. (Questions below). The more details and context you give, the better. Please let us know within the next two weeks.1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.2. What product & version are you currently running?3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.4. What is the use case for your organization?5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
1. Why ? PTC does not know partners activity roles atc.?
- industry? Transportation, Automotive, Arms industry, Flexo presses, Agricultural machines and more...
2. All actual versions. 11.0 - 18.104.22.168
3. During WTPart save as operation it is possible to create copy of linked WTDocuments. But there are some types of documents which are not suitable to copy and that documents need to be removed from the described or referenced tables manualy. More work for user and also problem with integration if user forgets to remove the document.
it is more clear?
4. described as point 3...
5. Much more better relationship with customers, They know that creating a idea has a purpose.
@HelesicPetr wrote:Currently, it is possible to set the behavior system-wide whether the copied WTParts should also have links to the previously linked WTDocuments or not.
This is certainly a problem at our company as well. it is essentially a training element now.
I would like to know where this system wide setting is - if you know?
In a help center there is point that the behavior is default, which means that can be changed.
I haven't tried to change it but the help center describes a opportunity to do so.
Hope this can help you.
Thankyou very much @HelesicPetr
I have sent this to our team to test out on dev environment.
I still think the idea to select copy/do not copy is a better way forward, as we do have some wtparts that have consistent documents (standards). however the percentage is very low compared to the ones that don't need to come across with a save as.
Thank you for your idea and the information provided.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.