Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow clasisification attribute value editing in "Edit Multiple Objects" table

Allow clasisification attribute value editing in "Edit Multiple Objects" table

It would be nice usability improvement if classification attribute values could be modified in "Edit Multiple Objects" table. I know that excel may be used to exp/imp but business user might want to edit values in browser.Make classification attribute values editable..Make classification attribute values editable..

2 Comments

With more and more restructurings, acquisitions, and various changes in the Engineering organization, the requirement to update classifications on existing part objects currently requires an individual approach part by part object. By added classification and the classification attributes to the edit mulitple part wizard will save thousands of users and/or administrators hours!

Garnet

We fully support this idea and agree with pspiers. I've tried to edit our tree structure by Inserting a new parent node and then wanting to Move the entire Child node to this new Parent. I created the new parent, used Copy/Paste to place the child Node. Now I have the new structure but all of the parts remain in the original node. Now, one x one, Check Out and Edit the part to update the classification. I tried to use Edit Multiple with no success. Is this the method today for Editing the classification of hundreds/thousands of parts? If so, not acceptable IMHO.