1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We are software organisation providing a server side Windchill plugin that is used in many different industries.
2. What product and version are you currently running? Windchill 12.1
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
We can currently sync up and down the attributes between a Creo part and a Windchill part, but can only sync up for body to the Windchill part and not the other way around.
We use a server customization which overrides the getModeledAttributes(Collection docs) method to return the new attributes for a part. We need a way to return the attributes set on the Windchill server to the corresponding Creo body.
4. What is the use case for your organization? We have used these attribute with previous versions of Windchill/Creo at a part level and want to extend it to apply to bodies.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Our customers are already looking to use the bodies feature in Creo so we would like to support it fully in our software.