cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow removal/disabling Windchill command from pop-menu and conflicts dialog box

Allow removal/disabling Windchill command from pop-menu and conflicts dialog box

In Pro/Engineer/Creo Parametric, is it no able to remove/disable the Windchill command (eg: "Revise and Checkout" command) menu from

a) pop-up menu through right mouse button (RMB) on the Model Tree

b) the command choice in the "check out on the fly" conflicts dialog box.

The purpose is to prevent user  from using those Windchill command through Pro/Engineer/Creo Parametric.

14 Comments
Turquoise

I'm curious why you would want to prevent the user from doing this.

Emerald II

It doesn't let you collect related objects.  It doesn't display the revision you're revising too.  I'm sure there are others...

Peridot

‌if you work part centric like PTC recommends you have to revise the CAD Document together with the Part, otherwise it's getting ugly to connect the two new revisions again...

Aquamarine
Status changed to: Current Functionality

Creo 5.0 has a new config.prop option to hide the a Revise and Check out action if you need to force the revise from Windchill:

However, I noticed that you also have another post to allow the action to follow the Revise Collector server-side preferences:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Ideas/Enable-quot-Revise-and-Checkout-quot-in-ProE-Creo-to-ut...

Please note that this has also been implemented in 11.1 M020.  

Thanks

Jennifer

Moonstone

@JenniferPierron Is this also being implemented in Creo 4?

Aquamarine

Hello Chris.

Currently there are no plans to add the new config.pro option to Creo 4.  It is only in Creo 5.

Jennifer

Alexandrite

Wow. I would have to say PTC dropped the ball. We wrote a toolkit for Creo 3 and Creo 4 to block both File, Check In, Revise and Check Out and RMB in Model Tree, Revise and Check Out.

The BIGGEST culprit at our company where files are accidently getting revised is from the conflict pop up dialog box when a user modifies a model in the active window that was only added to their Workspace. This is a Windchill call from Creo.

Conflicts pop up widnowConflicts pop up widnow

Emerald II

@llie, I can confirm that setting "dm_enable_revise_and_check_out" to "no" also removes the 'Revise and Check out now' option from the conflict dialog in Creo Parametric 5.0.

Creo Conflict - No Revise.png

Emerald II

@JenniferPierron,

Is there any plan to add a similar option to the Windchill Workgroup Manager as well?

SolidWorks Conflict - Revise and Check out.png

Aquamarine

@llie   Please keep in mind that we have enhanced Windchill to honor the server-side preferences when you use 11.1

The hiding of Revise and check out from the CAD tool was implemented for customers that want to enforce a revise ONLY from a change.

Aquamarine

@TomU  Unfortunately, we did not add a wgmclient.ini preference to hide the action.    I can see that you would like it.

Others?

Alexandrite

All,

I apologize to PTC. Thank you TomU for clarifying that it also removes it from the conflict dialog box. The command media in JenniferPierrons post needs to be updated because it is misleading and led me to create my post above. The media only states the two places and not third, conflict dialog box.

revisecheckout.jpg

I will download Creo 5 and test it today.

@JenniferPierron It would be great to also have this option for Workgroup Mangers to have this also for 3rd party CAD. EX Solidworks

Aquamarine

@jvonzastrow1  - Thanks.  Yes this is in our backlog.