Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow sorting the Plan page by columns

Allow sorting the Plan page by columns

When viewing a Project's Plan page, you should be able to sort by the table columns just like you can in other tables.

Currently, you aren't supposed to be able to sort by any column on the Plan page (see KB Article CS37283 and SPR# 2101551‌) so the Plan should always be sorted by ID.  However, there are situations where it could be helpful to sort by other columns.  As long as you are then able to re-sort by the ID column, you should be able to do this.

Also, even though you are not currently supposed to be able to sort on the Plan page, you are still able to sort by a Soft Attribute column.  And once you do this, you aren't able to sort by the ID column to get back to the default sorting because sorting has been disabled for all columns...except the one I just sorted by.

For example, here I have sorted by the soft attribute 'Gate' which causes my ID column to be out of order:

Plan_Sort1.jpg

And then if I try to sort by the ID column, I am not able to:

Plan_Sort2.JPG

Enabling sorting for all columns will provide additional flexibility to the users, and prevent this issue of getting 'stuck' with a plan that has the IDs out of order.

1 Comment
sm

Sorting the Plan table is intentionally prohibited. The intent of the table is to always show the work breakdown as a hierarchical structure. Sorting it without structure would confusing, but I do understand the value. Instead of using the Plan table, you can display all the Plan Activities on the Task table and sort/filter it any way you'd like. This table supports Table Views, so you can quickly configure the exact view of the Plan Activities needed and recall it from the menu.

windchilltasklist.jpg