cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Allow the Task creator to set one person OR a group for Assignee - Not using the Participants List

Allow the Task creator to set one person OR a group for Assignee - Not using the Participants List

I know there is a setting that can display the “Participants List” table on the New Change Task page but I don’t want that.  There is too much of a chance a user can choose the wrong check box.  It could be sent to everyone in Windchill.

Why can’t this be simplified to allow Groups to be added to the Assignee box in addition to a specific user?  Now you can start typing someone’s name and it displays a list.  Why can’t a group work the same way?  And also when you select the magnifying glass icon to search.  You should be able to type in a group.  It would be so much easier.

Untitled.jpg

6 Comments
lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

This would be a good enhancement. I completely agree that the 'Participants List' is not a great option as it works today... It's also an all or nothing setting which is dumb. Maybe there should be an include/exclude from 'Participants Lists' setting to be able to provide a much better list of roles to users?

I would prefer to have much more control in Change Notice Templates or Change Task Templates. Here's a Product Idea for Improve Windchill Change Notice Usability.

jgoncalves
11-Garnet
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

@jgoncalves I understand that.  I even wrote in my first paragraph I didn't want that and it is possible to choose the wrong person or even everyone in Windchill.

lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

I found the post from @jgoncalves to be very helpful in the interim. I was able to create my own Promotion Request Template Workflow where the resource pool was only the specified roles I wanted rather than the entire context team - no chance of choosing everyone in Windchill and much simpler for the users. I had to go into the PR Worfklow and remove the 'context team' from all the workflow tasks and put the correct correct resource pool in instead.

@jgoncalves To apply to Change Tasks, would I need to create a new Change Task subtype any time I wanted to change the resource pool roles (say from Engineering to Purchasing for the assignee)? Would I also need to create a Change Activity Workflow with the new resource pool? Is there a way to precheck or require certain 'assignees' and allow other roles to be optional?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

@lhoogeveen I am glad this posting has helped!

lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

If it's helpful to other people, I found this other product idea with a video with customized Participants Lists in a Change Notice. Looks much better than the out of the box experience but seems very difficult to actually implement.