cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

As a Windchill user, I cannot see what my license entitlements are?

As a Windchill user, I cannot see what my license entitlements are?

As a Windchill user, I should be able to see what my license entitlements are so I know what capabilities I can access in Windchill.

Windchill does not provide any way for a user to see their license entitlements. I would like to be able to give people guidance on what the various licenses offer in terms of capabilities, but if they do not know what license they have, what is the point? This should be a required section in a user's profile or some other place they can quickly access to understand what licenses they have been assigned.

5 Comments
d_graham
17-Peridot

Scott,

Interesting. I think adding an action under Quick Links would be a good place for this tool.

The user can select it and a page will open displaying the license features that user has access to and the description of the internal group that has access to the license. Is that good enough?

d_graham
17-Peridot

Scott,

I created a custom action under Quick Links that generated a report for the current user.

When the use clicks the button a jsp opens that displays a table.

Looks like this.  Is this what you were looking for?

d_graham_0-1591041020016.png

David

ScottMorris
16-Pearl

In the absence of an OOTB feature, yes, this would be great. Is this something you can share with the community?

d_graham
17-Peridot

Scott,

I'd love to share this tool.

I also wrote a tool to solve the idea you posted Only a Windchill Site Administrator can change user licensing in Windchill?

What I like to do is establish relationships that allow me to write customization for people/companies for very little compensation.

I've been a Windchill Admin/Developer since Windchill 6.2.6. I retired a few years ago but to keep my brain from turning to mush I've kept current (Windchill 11.2) with Windchill.

I usually quote hundreds (not thousands) of dollars for any customization.

Why so cheap? Answer: I'm retired and I really don't need the money but I feel it's only fair to get something for something of value.

Regarding this licensing customization I also came up with away to email the appropriate people when a minimum licenses available threshold has been reached (either as a percent or a minimum value). This might be something of interest also.

So, I really just want some people to work with that have interesting problems, such as your suggestion to add objects to the same subscription.

Also, I don't just write code and send it to you.  I get on the phone with the customer and help them implement it.  If they need a tweak we do that on the spot.

Feel free to email me at:

windchill.developer@yahoo.com

If you'd like to discuss this or anything Windchill related send me an email and I'll send you my cell number.

Even if you just want to bounce an idea off me I'd be happy to discuss.

David

BjoernRueegg
17-Peridot

I uploaded a small example to the community. The code is only for experienced users. All others, please contact your consultants.

Assigned User License Example 

Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 09.52.50.png