cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Audit Save Representations as a download event for WTDocument Objects

Audit Save Representations as a download event for WTDocument Objects

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Working in an international defense company I help manage and maintain our instance of Windchill for 500 plus users.

2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?

Release: 12.0.2.7

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
When a user does the "Save Representation" action within a WTDocument Object, the Audit Security Report does not capture this as a download event.

Save Representation action.png
Instead, the Audit report only captures this as a "View Representation" event. This is inaccurate as viewing the document is not the same as downloading it to a user's local drive.

Audit Report Output.PNG

This should instead be captured as a "Download" event to more accurately reflect the action.

4. What is the use case for your organization?
Working with sensitive information in the defense industry, it is critical that as an Admin I am able to accurately audit the activity of users in the event of a data spill. This means I need to know if a user has downloaded files locally to their computer via any action that allows for them to download content from Windchill.

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
This ability is required from a security perspective in order to prevent as much damage as possible in the event of a data spill.

1 Comment
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you @NA_9341349 for your idea. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.