1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
My company is a Manufacturing Company, I am a "Project Optimization Engineer PLM" but for you I am a Windchill Administrator and Customizer. My stakeholders are the Windchill and CAD users, many departments of the company.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
I would like to avoid the copy of the representation of a cad document associated to the original wtpart if I copy only the wtpart and not the cad document associated. I saw the article CS103033 and I created the case C16067823 but the ptc support talked to me about an other article CS133767 with an SPR 2186449 closed with "as designed" reasons (wrong design in my opinion) but in the last article there is a little hope with this period:
"This is an enhancment request.To track this enhancment going forward - Release Theme use ID 165379".
Then the support suggested to me to create this idea to monitor the development of the ID and to be informed when it will implemented, and also to inform ptc that I'm waiting for it.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
Users copy similar wtparts but not with the same geometry. They don't want to see the copied representation connected to the new material.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
User has to ask to me to delete the representation everytime, I have to insert a customization to manage this "missing" of the ootb copy inserting possible problems. I would like to avoid it, if it is possible.