Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Balloon Synch with Windchill Find Number

BOM Balloon Synch with Windchill Find Number

Currently the BOM Balloons for a drawing (created manually or automatically) are not transferred or synched with the Find Number attribute on the BOM in Windchill.  This requires the user to manually keep the BOM balloon in ProE in synch with the Find Number in Windchill.

12 Comments
Amethyst

yes definitively a good idea !

don't understand why it is still not yet implemented ...

Participant

Yeah, right. This should have been done long time ago.

But ot only Fine Nimber and also Line Number (better to have setup otion which link attribute use)

Amethyst

Still wait from TS for a possible custom point (map proE assembly parameter with BOM line number) ...

Anyway, if you will be more "accurate", it works with ref designator/occurences.  they are mapped with the ProE Feature Name.  so you've got balloons automatically synch.  But you will have a different balloon number/index for each instance of the same part in your exploded view ...

Alexandrite

In 10.2 M010 we introduced some new capabilities that allow you to keep the Find and/or Line numbers in your WIndchill BOM in sync with those numbers called out on your Creo drawing.  There is one catch, however, it does require that you manage these values on your assembly using component parameters and then you push these down to your drawing and up to the WTPart structure.  To facilitate the build process to propagate these values from the CAD structure to the WTPart structure new preferences have been introduced under "EPM Service Preferences > Build Service Preferences"

• Find Number Attributre
  • Line Number Attribute

For these preferences you specify the attribute on the CAD Document Uses Link that you want to have propagated to the Part Structure Find and/or Line number attribute during the build process.

This capability is available for both Creo and Autodesk Inventor integrations.

I posted a document that further describes this feature here:

http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-6272

Contributor

The manual entry of find number in paramter field look confusing for me.

I have one part used in 2 different assemblies with different find number so how find number paramter will work in this case?

Example:

Part A is used in Assembly X with find number 5 and same part is used in Assembly Y with find number 12. So in this case how to control the find number using paramter.

In Production there are many standard parts used in multiple assemblies.

Alexandrite

The parameter is not on the component itself.  It is defined as a component parameter within the parent assembly (the parameter is on the link between the assembly and the component).  This means that the same component can have a different find number for each assembly that it is assembled into.

Contributor

Thank you for your response.

I have tried to define the component parameter within the assembly but get saved in Part model only.

Do you have any documentation for paramter addtion process ? that will be hlepful for us. I have tried to search PTC KB and Creo help but didnt get info about this.

Participant

is possible link the rpt.index and the find number?

rpt.index is not exposed outside of the repeat region table, so the answer is NO.

That's the reason I think we need to have it exposed in order to keep benefits of repeat region BOM Table management in Creo and have Windchill FIND NUMBER mapped to it.

Visitor

I have been looking all over for an answer to this question. I am glad you responded. Does anyone know if this will be available in a future release of Creo. I would like to use rpt.index as my find number. From what is being said, I would have to enter find number manually.

Hi Steve,

Any chance this preference would be also available for the Catia V5 integration? We are currently running 10.2 M030.

Regards,

Alex

Participant

A quick post to ask if this is still supported in Windchill and have the constrains been addressed.

–Support 1-level deep

–Propagation of changes not supported by eTDD (building CAD from Part Structure)

Regards

Dave