cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

BOM Release Rule Collection Preference for Enterprise Data

BOM Release Rule Collection Preference for Enterprise Data

Enable the capability of the BOM Release Rule to collect associated Enterprise Data objects and their associated documentation to ensure they are at specific life cycle states before the release of a part of of the Enterprise Data itself.

5 Comments
JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

@pwilliams-3 could you describe in a little more detail?  Currently one can use the BOM Maturity settings so that for example if you are releasing parts you can configure the Rule to check the state of the parts related CAD and/or Docs, etc.

BOM Maturity collector.png

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Hi Jeff,

In Windchill 11.0 there is a new object type called Enterprise Data that is a version controlled object.  In the release process I would like the BOM Release rule to be able to collect this new object type.  At this time there is no preference that collects Enterprise Data objects that are associated to Parts.

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

@pwilliams-3 Ah - got it.  I thought you were generically using the term Enterprise rather than the specific object.  More coffee!  I'm with you now.  Let me do some digging.

pwilliams-3
11-Garnet

Jeff,

I would also like the WT Documents and EPM Documents that are associated to the Enterprise Data to be able to be collected for evaluation.  I don't know if that requires separate preferences or the use of the existing "Include related Documents" like preferences.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.