1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Not disclosed.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? 11.1 M020-CPS18
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. A document consists of different attributes like the Cage Code, its name, etc.
From the "Actions" button, on a document information page, it is possible to click on the "Rename" button to edit its name.
Now, from its folder / context, we also have an "Actions" button that we can use on one or several objects to also perform a "Rename" action. Nevertheless, when we select a document from the folder list of its context, click Actions > Rename we get the following warning message "No Valid Objects Selected. Only CAD documents and Parts are eligible for multi-object Rename". Why don't we have a table offering the user the ability to edit its document(s) name as we have for CAD documents or parts?
The idea is then to have the possibility to rename one or several document at a time using this method like what we can actually do for parts or CAD documents.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Some users may want to rename a document from its folder by using the Actions > Rename button like they would be used to do for parts or CAD documents.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Improvement of the User eXperience (same buttons should have similar behaviours).