Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back RMB copy paste functionality when doing a save as in Windchill 10.2

Bring back RMB copy paste functionality when doing a save as in Windchill 10.2

This used to exist in 9.1.  Now it is gone in 10.2.  You can still Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, but there are options on the RMB that some users used regularly.  It was especially nice for disabled users.

Capture.JPG

10.2.jpg

This may affect other functions as well, it is just the first one we have run accross.  According to tech support: "It seems they had plans to implement few functionalities because of which this functionality was taken away."  Well, let's bring it back.

Thanks!

6 Comments
STEVEG
20-Turquoise

Did you try picking the Ctrl button THEN right-click?

ksiddall
4-Participant

No, I did not, but it does seem to have the same effect as before.  I wonder why tech support did not tell me about this.  Thanks for the help.  I will probably close this out as it is as close as we are probably going to get to the original.  I wonder what other functions are hidden that we don't know about.  I don't think I would have ever tried that combination.

Thanks again,

-Keith

dhermosillo
13-Aquamarine

I filed a PTC case for this a couple years ago and after getting the run-around from a tech who couldn't understand the problem, he eventually just closed the case as unsolvable.  I just re-opened it; we'll see what they say...

STEVEG
20-Turquoise

I know I saw it somewhere.  But I don't know whether it was in a PTC document or on the exploder boards.

dhermosillo
13-Aquamarine

Here's what the PTC tech said:

"This is a functionality which is introduced in Windchill 10.0 to override the default right click popup menu, and is working as per specifications.

You can add an enhancement request here, the product management will decide on if this is going to be included or not in Windchill."

He didn't mention the CTRL + RMB trick above.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived