Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Activity Multi participant selection enhancement

Change Activity Multi participant selection enhancement

A common need with resource pools is to limit the selection of participants for assignment to a task. When using a context team and role as resource pool (10.2 M030), all roles and its members are selectable. Users belonging to the specified role are pre-selected.

The preferred behavior should be that only users from the specified role in the context team shall be available for selection (and not pre-selected).

BR

Per

2 Comments
JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

If you just use roles in 10.2 M030 this is not the case.  Looking at your example I suspect there is a Resource Pool definition that has the Activity Owner also picking up the Activity Reviewer.  It can be easy to cross these definitions when working on these two tabs.  When it is set up with just roles you will get the behavior as in the attached video

Video Link : 6690

Here is another example I did with Promotion Request - not I am using the Promotion Request "Fixed Roles for Promote" mapping preference, just the Resource Pool mappings.  Also since I did not directly map a Role from the Team that exactly matches the Workflow role name it does not automatically select the Participants

promotion participant example.png

Pekholm
8-Gravel

Hi Jeff

Its working, but I see this as a workaround. We need to play around with "dummy roles" to prevent pre-selection. Whats needed is the ability to only show defined roles from a context team and select users from specified role(s), no pre-selection. Customers working under FDA (part-11) or EASA (aerospace) have the demand of active selection.

Best Regards

Per