Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidate Rename and Edit Attributes

Consolidate Rename and Edit Attributes

It would make sense in our processes to have the rename and edit attributes functionality all together. The usual user task is better phrased as 'go assign these legimitate part numbers and descriptions [not the windchill description] to the cad data'. Currently this is acheived by the users changing the name, number, filename via the windchill menus and the description and other parameters via Creo (because the Windchill UI for the same is so bad). You could probably make everyones life easier by simply having a back door upload new identity data function and just using an excel file to re-assign the details on a whole bunch of data at once.

4 Comments
Aquamarine

This would save so much time!

Turquoise

Being able to rename files from a search in PDMLink would be immensely useful.  I have no clue why this simple action is not available from the search.

Moonstone

I voted for this one, because it would be very handy to rename from in the WS at the same time as changing the attributes.  I recognize that this may (or may not...) be more difficult to work out than it sounds, but it would be very useful.

Renaming multiple files from a Search would save a lot of time, as renaming the "Name" is currently part of our process with no apparent solution to avoid it.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Consideration