cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Windchill Discussion Comments to Rich Text Format (RTF)

Convert Windchill Discussion Comments to Rich Text Format (RTF)

Windchill Discussion Comments are TEXT fields with limited support for HTML tags and rendering based on the current cross site scripting policies in place. Confusion and limitations could be removed if these fields are converted to Rich Text Format (RTF) and supports the OOTB WYSIWYG editor. Coversion to RTF will eliminate the existing security threat and provide everyone with a more user-friendly authoring experience for Discussion Comments.

editor.png

6 Comments
JørnAHansen
2-Guest

I assume you mean Rich Text Editor (aka a HTML editor or WYSIWYG editor) - and not Rich Text Format which is the format a text can be is stored in.

But apart from that rather technical point I really would like to see this implemented. I think it is something you would expect from a modern web app today.

Also - the discussion comments field is not the only place where this would be appropriate. Other places where it would enhance the usability would be on some of the fields on Action Items, on Problem Reports, ECRs etc., on Meetings etc - basically most places where you have a multiline text entry field in Windchill.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Completely agree. The field is TXT/HTML now. By converting it to Rich Text Format (RTF), we can close the Cross Site Scripting security controls and implement the same WYSIWIG editor being used for Requirements.

bmr
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

I just had the same idea. Since nobody voted for this idea, I belief, nobody is using the discussions in PDMLink. This "feature" is so old, that I don't even show it to the customers...

STEVEG
20-Turquoise

I too would love to see this in the Task page of a change object.  The current one is atrocious.

bmr
17-Peridot
17-Peridot

Hi Steve

by the way, with native task templates you can show no the discussion from the change object in the task itself. Unfortunately still old school like...

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived