Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTI - Allow auto overwriting for local files

DTI - Allow auto overwriting for local files

Everytime when opening previously opened document from Windchill via web browser using Windchill Desktop Integration (DTI) system asking me:

"The local file already exists. Do you want to overwrite the file?"

and I have to click YES like a dumb

Add new Windchill option in

My Settings/Preferences/Attachments

Ovewrite local file (Always overwrite/No)

11 Comments
Marco_Tosin
19-Tanzanite

Which version of Windchill are you using?

PetrP
14-Alexandrite

10.2 M030

Marco_Tosin
19-Tanzanite

What about uncheck the second preference from the top?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

I think you are looking for the "Prompt for File Overwrite" preference in the DTI configuration box.

file_overwrite.png

PetrP
14-Alexandrite

Know that setting but not working to me. Probably this still appearing overwrite prompt is a kind of bug or driven by another option...

Overwrite.jpg

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Just to confirm, how are you opening the document? Browser or Windows Explorer? That would make a difference and I'd like to validate both cases.

PetrP
14-Alexandrite

Browser

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

PTC QA has submitted an internal SPR for this case. If you would like to be associated with it, you'll need to contact PTC Technical Support, log a case and have it associated with SPR 5295093.

STEVEG
20-Turquoise

I would say instead of just Always and No to add an "Ask" option.

PetrP
14-Alexandrite

The same useless dialog box is when file has been just overwritten. DTI opening is slow enough and lots of dialogs are just wasting of time. It should be optional in DTI preference menu. Sometimes dialog having no window on main panel so users waiting for opening docs until they find out there is some stupid dialog in the background waiting to be clicked "OK".

00.jpg

HelesicPetr
14-Alexandrite

I think no one understand the question.

The point is that the Windchill Desktop Download mechanism open the file with two prompts from IE Browser by default.

1. Do you want overwrite existing local file ? 

2. Do you want to open the file? (this is configured by preference "File Download Behavior" "Always open file in application")

The options Prompt for File overwrite add new prompt if different version of file exist in local temp location. A.1 is local server ver. is A.2

So is there a way how to do not show(disable/auto click to yes) the first default Prompt about overwriting local file??

Best Regards