PTC has not made an easy mechanism for Purchasing Department to send CAD Drawing Viewable (PDF) out to the NON Windchill Community. It is not easy to collect 10 to 20 PDFs for a Structure. let alone 2 to go to a Vendor.
1. You can Open in Creo Parametric or Creo View and Print to PDF
2. Could Package an Assembly and Drawings/ Unzip/ Pull out PDFs.
1. We can Publish a Drawing using PDF in the Recipe File.
2. We can Use a Publish Rule to Publish Secondary Content (PDF, Iges, Step, DXF, etc) typically on Check In but also Defined in PTC Literature to Publish these Secondary Files when an object reaches a specific state such as "Released"
To Locate the Files you must search on the individual object, switch to content tab, Right Click on Viewable, select Files then Download. (Not the Easiest Location to Teach)
"Desktop Integration should see these Secondary Viewable Files of an EPMDocument and show them when you select the Folder."
Project Bicycle Folder contains Assembly, Parts and Drawings for a Bike.
The CAD Objects are Released (Therefore Access Control Permissions, I would Technically be able to see them.. except they are EPM Documents)
What I would like to see in Folder are the Files, any PDF, Step, Etc... of the Viewable of the EPM Document
This will allow Purchasing to Browse through Folder Structure and Grab Related PDF or Step or STL or DXF easily.
Would be enabled via a Preference
Currently there are at least 10 VAR Customizations to output PDFs of an Assembly Structure, or show PDF as Icons against Windchill Web Folder page or via Search... Note that Desktop Integration is the simplest interface to Windchill for Purchasing, Manufacturing, etc... who consume content created and managed in Windchill.
3. A Publish Rule Delegate to create a Document for Each Viewable Publish Content can be setup and is partially Documented by PTC. As it is a Document it is then visible in DTI but also in Windchill. The intent however is not to create another Document of Record in Windchill that is Searchable, The Source Drawing is sufficient for that Functionality as Releasing the Source Content Releases its Viewable.