Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deafult "Filter by" option in FRACAS

Deafult "Filter by" option in FRACAS

There is the option in User Interface of  FRACAS to filter the Incidents items by:

• System Tree Item Selection
  • System Tree Item Branch
  • Configuration Selection
  • Problem Selection

The default option is "checked" for the first two option, e.g. System Tree Item Selection and System Tree Item Branch.

So, for a new user who first opens FRACAS and she/he selects a specific system item, then he may not see any incident in the incident table list except the incident that is already related t this specific system item. As he she/he is new in the system, she/he may not realise how to see the whole list of the incidents and is confused. Only if she/he select "right click" -> "Filter by" and uncheck the default setting for these filters, all the Incidents are listed.

My idea is:

"By default, NO FILTER selection to be set. The user could make his own choice for the filter that she/he would like to use

4 Comments

Idea makes sense especially for new FRACAS users.

I think additionally there should be some visual indication that these filters are active.

Some users are taught to uncheck this in order to view a whole subtables in the tabs. Afterwards they forget that they unchecked and will have difficulties viewing the same tables  presented as a subtable in a form. In this case they more or less expect the table to be filtered on parent selection.

It's not intuitive to check this by right-clicking, I think it would help a lot with a visual hint.

Great idea Costas, it's one that catches most new users.  I like Johan's comment of a visual indication on active filters, like the table column filters.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived