Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Integration search Latest revisions

Desktop Integration search Latest revisions

When in an office application, if you use the "Search" functionality within DTI, a menu opens with a nice array of options to help you search.  There are a couple drop down's within this menu that have to do with with what Revision and Iteration you would like to search for.  The options are "All" or "Latest".  While the iteration option is set to "Latest" by default, the revision option is instead set to "All" by default.  Maybe at other companies it is handy to have all revisions of the document show up?  But I can say with certainty, that it is not useful at my company, and is instead a great annoyance.  You have to either set this to "Latest" every time you search, or dig through all the documents that show up to find the latest one.

I created a case and asked PTC if I could change this default, and they said I could not.

So, I would like to submit the idea for a product improvement, to allow the ability to set the default search in DTI through Office applications for "Latest" revisions.

2 Comments
STEVEG
20-Turquoise

Make sure to vote for your own idea.  They can't set it so if you create an idea that it automatically votes for you.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Colten Marquardt‌, I put in a request for more information on this topic with R&D, but I am still waiting for a final resolution. I will update this Idea as soon as I know more.