cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Email subscription/notification emails on Product/Library context level than hard coding it

Disable Email subscription/notification emails on Product/Library context level than hard coding it

Case Subject: Wanted to know if there are any options to turn off the email notification on a Product or Library context specifically in Windchill PDMlink 11.

Email notification for any subscriptions or for those who have subscribed on specific objects.

Hi Varun,

I will be assisting you with this case. After reviewing your requirement could find that, OOTB Windchill does not have a functionality to disable email notification for specific functionality. The email handling is hard coded and it cannot be removed by setting any property or preference.
Hope this should answer your query.

******************************************************************************************************************************

So am submitted this idea for future enhancements if any.

3 Comments
Visitor

this would give a flexibility on controlling in which contexts (products , library level preference) the email notification should be triggered.

Visitor

exactly

Visitor
I really agree. I think that a user should be able to configure for which events he wants to be notified. Because the side effect of not allowing one to choose which mail is pertinent when one receive hundreds of mails a day, is that mails are not read or one will create an Outlook rule to move mails to a subfolder in his Inbox. Also, many applications only send one email a day with a summary of all past activities and the task list for the day, I think it is a more effective approach for many user profiles.