Similarly to what happens in Creo, it would be good if we can create a BOM displaying only the prt files.
It happens in many cases, people want to extract a BOM from an asm which contains other sub-asm, but these sub-asm doesn't matter for the purchase order, the only things that matters are the parts.
Here's an example:
Given a sample structure:
Objective: have a list of only the .prt in the report, something like:
(note that I've erased the last asm)
- To send the list of PRT to the purchase department, when they don't intend to buy the assemblies
- the purchase department may not have the sensitivity to know what are these assemblies and may try to order them base on the company's reference asm code.
- We can't filter by custom view, because if it filters the 0000000887.asm it will also filters it's children prts.
- This happens in both Single Level and Multi Level reports.
- Single Level with a filter to hide all *.asm:
As you can see, the remaining prts do not appear in the report because the 0000000887.asm was filtered.