cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not invoke Shift+P shortcut action in the Structure browser when entering text in a text field

Do not invoke Shift+P shortcut action in the Structure browser when entering text in a text field

The Windchill 11.1 WebGL visualization is awesome, but very frustrating while working on a product structure. If the user enters text into almost any field on the page, a Shift+P combination will be interpreted as the shortcut to open the WebGL Preferences panel.

I don't disagree with the key combination, I disagree with Windchill looking at the text I am entering a text input field for any WebGL shortcuts. Some users habitually type in .PRT when looking at CAD and the first Shift+P they enter brings up the WebGL preferences panel.

The search boxes are all case in-sensitive in Windchill, so I can educate users about not using Shift+P as a work-around for now, but it would be nice to have PTC's UX team review these new implementations to ensure they are compliant before released.

1 Comment
Contributor
Status changed to: Clarification Needed

Hi Scott,

The intention was that the keyboard shortcut should only be activated when the WebGL Viewer has active focus by the user (meaning they have clicked inside the viewer) and not when they are working anywhere else in the user interface.

If you are seeing a different behavior than that, it would be good if you open a support ticket (or reach out to me if one has already been opened) so that we can take a look at this behavior as a defect.

In future releases we are also looking at provide a new preference mechanism for the viewer as we expand the scope of  configuration options for it's behavior.