Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation Tab on Product Structure Browser should be there by Default

Documentation Tab on Product Structure Browser should be there by Default

The Product Structure Browser (PSB), found on the "Product Structure" tab of any WTPart property page should have a "Documentation Subtab" similar to the PSE by default.  THis should allow the documents associated to each part in the assembly to be shown without opening a new "Information" page for each object and thne going to the Documentation Tab.

Doc Tab on PSB.png

17 Comments
JPP

+1

You can show associated documents to the WTParts right in the PSB Structure tab.  Would this not do the job?

Garnet

I second Jim's response above.  There are actually 2 discussion points here.

• Document tab shown in the screenshot can be created by an admin, and shared.
  • If your "documents" are associated to the WTParts, in an upcoming release of Windchill there will preferences that allow the ability to show or hide the associated documents by default, instead of having to manually Show/Hide them.

Jeffrey Zemsky‌, perhaps this one can be marked as "no plans to implement" based on the other direction, and alternative(s) available?

Peridot

This is something we have plans to support in a future release.  In addition to the show/hide improvements we are looking at, the ability to just access a specific set of documents without having to show is important.

Peridot

As part of the applet retirement projects this is being worked on for the next release

doc tab in psb.jpg

Pearl

Jeffrey Zemsky‌ is there also a possibility to add the configurable links to this tab?

I do like the view with all the documents in the BOM itself. Unfortunately there is no possibility to open the visualization pdf of these documents. Please see the case Product structure: Open Document in Creo View‌ Hopefully you have a solution for this problem too! If a WTPart has 10 documents attached it would be so great to click on the document and see in the visualization tab the PDF representation of this WTDocument.

Thanks

Peridot

Bjoern Rueegg‌  Configurable link tables are not show on this tab.  Ideally in the future I'd like to consolidate the Documents to one table for multiple relationships with a bit more flexibility.

Agree on the visualization - its something we'd like to look at down the road.

Pearl

Jeffrey Zemsky‌ is it at least possible add some more tables to this tab? or even customize it?

Marble

Jeffrey Zemsky‌ keep in mind that objects in the tables have a link or that the info icon works with the middle mouse button! This is a nice trick as BP and uses the browser capability to open a new tab which loads the nfo page of an object. User love this!! And it is a real time saver if you know this.

Today I show the documents in the structure together with a table view which has Info icon and change status. It is quite handy to browse through the attributes as well. Config links to display would be a nice option.

Peridot

Great point Oliver Droop‌!

Garnet

Jeffrey Zemsky‌‌,

You mentioned consolidating associated documents tables:

Jeffrey Zemsky wrote:

Ideally in the future I'd like to consolidate the Documents to one table for multiple relationships with a bit more flexibility.

Really!?1?  I wish I could click the "like" button on your comment multiple times.  Is this something on the radar?  I remember a while back Lewis Lawrence‌ mentioning this.  In fact, here it is: Combine Document Tables on WTPart Related Objects Tab.

It would be so nice to have 1 table that shows all of the related WTDocuments and EPMDocuments - mainly on the information page of the WTPart.  But I guess it would be replicated to the "Documents" sub-tab in the PSB as shown in this idea too. 

Participant

Bjoern Rueegg

Hi, have you a solution for that :

is it at least possible add some more tables to this tab? or even customize it?

Pearl

@NPascual

Unfortunately there is no possibility to add other tables or tabs.

@JeffZemsky do you know when this will possible? 

Peridot
Status changed to: Current Functionality

The Document tab was added in PSB in Windchill 11.0 M030.  It supports Describes, Reference and CAD Documents

Pearl

@JeffZemsky

I know that and the customer love it, but unfortunately this tab is not customisable to add e.g. also some configurable link tables. This is what we need Smiley Wink

Peridot

The Document tab was added in PSB in Windchill 11.0 M030.  It supports Describes, Reference and CAD Documents.  Here is an example:

doc tab in psb.jpg

We are hoping to add support for Configurable Link Tables in the June 2019 release.

Peridot

Several of the comments on this thread asked about Configurable Links.  With the upcoming release, Windchill 11.2.0.0 we will be supporting the ability to add a Configurable Link Tab to PSB.  This will be a configuration step when setting up your Configurable links.  Instructions will be in help under "Exposing “Configurable Links” in the PSB"  Here is an example screenshot

Picture1.png

We are also introducing the ability to add Custom Tables to existing Tabs in PSB in this release.