Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Down selection for Boolean attribute in PartsLink Classification

0 Kudos

Drop Down selection for Boolean attribute in PartsLink Classification

When configuring Classification Attributes, Boolean attributes can only be set to radio button selection list style. It would be nice to be able to switch to a Drop Down selection style list like you can through Type and Attribute Management

3 Comments
Pearl

Can't you change the behaviour on the layout?

Capto_Capture 2018-01-22_08-58-52_PM.png

Visitor

Thank you very much for this. We are just implementing Windchill at the company I work for. Our PTC implementation team asked me to submit a PTC case regarding this issue. The PTC support technician then went on to tell me this wouldn't be possible because the configuration in PartsLink is just a barebones version of the type and attribute management so they recommended I submit an idea. The radio buttons really make the layout look messy when everything else is drop down list. So again, thank you very much for showing me this configuration.

Garnet

Hello,

@brueegg Thanks for finding this workaround to the implementation, having the "Selection List Style" set on the layout is a good way to accomplish this.

@gvillegas4 I have spoken with a team member regarding the attributes, and it is unfortunately still a barebones version of the type and attribute management. If the styling can be changed on the layout as brueegg has found, This still should be implemented. I've noted down detailed steps in the following article which should be available shortly.