1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? Aerospace and Defense. What is your role in your organization? CAD planning and support. Describe your stakeholders. Creo Parametric and Windchill users.
2. What version of Creo Parametric are you currently running? 220.127.116.11
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. During Auto-associate of a Creo Parametric CAD model to a Windchill Design Part object, the Assembly Mode attribute is preset to the value "Component." It cannot be changed within the workspace.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Creating and linking a CAD model to a Windchill Design Part object using Auto-associate.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Avoids creating Windchill Design Part objects with the wrong Assembly Mode value. Avoids having to iterate Windchill Design Part objects to fix wrong Assembly Mode value. Avoids mismatches between Assembly Mode value and the value of other related/linked attributes. Avoids the support required to educate user base on the behavior, check for value mismatches, and fix values if missed.
I find it telling that nowhere in the pre-defined items 1 through 5 does it ask for the idea itself. It does in the Subject, but that is universally considered to be a short summary, with few details, if any. I suggest including an item
6. What is your Idea? See below for an example.
This is a request to allow the Assembly Mode value to be configured, either by changing the default value, or better yet, but allowing some logic to be added so it can be set based on other variables (e.g., CAD model type, CAD parameter, etc.)