1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Large electrical infrastructure provider.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Need the ability for end users to select the type of STEP file to output from their local CreoView Client.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
Currently, we have users requiring different formats of STEP files depending on needs of 3D annotations or other items available in STEP AP203, AP214 or AP242. In some cases, 3D annotations should not be shared and in some cases the files are just too big.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
This change would make CreoView more of a self-service tool. It would also impact engineers less when they do not have to create specialized export of 3D models.