cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Enable Save As action on objects Shared to Project in Windchill PDMLink

Enable Save As action on objects Shared to Project in Windchill PDMLink

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
My company is a Manufacturing Company, I am a "Project Optimization Engineer PLM" but for you I am a Windchill Administrator and Customizer. My stakeholders are the Windchill and CAD users, many departments of the company

2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.

I would like that the members of a Project could save as wtdocuments shared in the project from a product where they don't have access. Pratically they use as template a document. When they finish their work the ProjectManager, that has access in the product, will move the document in the final product.

4. What is the use case for your organization?
Give jobs to external consultants without give them all accesses to the product but only to some objects shared in the project. They have to work on new documents using the shared documents as template and then complete the jobs. ProjectManager checks and move to the product.

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
Less PDMLINK licenses, only ProjectLink licenses, less work for internal people to prepare the environment. More freedom for external users.

2 Comments
ngiacom
14-Alexandrite

Idea started from the case:
C16631985 

That was connected to the article:

CS33931 

completed with "To request this functionality, refer to Product Ideas @ PTC Community"

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you @ngiacom for your idea. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.