cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Enable Structure View to be set and sticky for each WTPart Type

Enable Structure View to be set and sticky for each WTPart Type

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Automotive Industry creating different WTPart Types for different objects like orderable part type, Bill of Material type and top level vehicle type.  My role is to define and setup the attributes and views in Windchill for each of these parts.  

2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?
WC10.2 and moving to WC12 in 2023

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
I need the Structure View for each WTPart type to have different attribute columns displayed when looking at the structure. The current issue is that all Part types will display the same view when a user looks at the structure tab.  (user has to know and go switch to the applicable view for that type)

2023-01-10 11_26_45-Bill Ryan (You) _ Microsoft Teams.png

4. What is the use case for your organization?
Making Windchill work how it should...show information to the user that the user needs to see.  (I don't need to see truck level attributes in a column if I'm looking at an orderable part structure assembly)

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
 When I go to a part cad type in windchill, my interface shows tabs that are unique to part cad type...and when I go to assembly cad type, I see tabs on the information page applicable to assembly.  The structure view for each wtpart type should have this same level of "stickyness".    Cost to company: Estimate 1000 users looking at structures in Windchill.  Each user would have to perform the following steps after looking at an orderable part type structure and then going to look at another structure type. (click views, select applicable view, refresh structure again(which can take 10-15 seconds).  This enhancement would eliminate those three steps everytime a user switches to a different part type structure.

1 Comment
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Thank you @BillRyan for your idea. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.