1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Any manufacturing industry with assembly steps using tools on multiple operations and multiple workstations.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? 126.96.36.199
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. In a process plan, we sometimes need to use the same tool (like a manufacturing jig for exemple) to assemble components across multiple operations and across multiple workstations. In this type of use case, the tool is mobile and translate in the shopfloor.
In the process plan, we need to insert the tool in each operation and move it in the right position (using Creo View MCAD or using the viewable toolbar to capture the position) so the viewable is good in the process plan player and ready for illustration. This process is time consuming as we need to do it for each operation using the same tool.
It would be nice to have a tool to copy/paste a tool between operations including the position matrix, or to simply copy/paste the position itself.
4. What is the use case for your organization? See previous explanation
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? A lot of time savings for such use cases.