cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Enable copy position for tools in process plans

Enable copy position for tools in process plans

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Any manufacturing industry with assembly steps using tools on multiple operations and multiple workstations.

2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
In a process plan, we sometimes need to use the same tool (like a manufacturing jig for exemple) to assemble components across multiple operations and across multiple workstations. In this type of use case, the tool is mobile and translate in the shopfloor.

In the process plan, we need to insert the tool in each operation and move it in the right position (using Creo View MCAD or using the viewable toolbar to capture the position) so the viewable is good in the process plan player and ready for illustration. This process is time consuming as we need to do it for each operation using the same tool.

It would be nice to have a tool to copy/paste a tool between operations including the position matrix, or to simply copy/paste the position itself.

4. What is the use case for your organization?
See previous explanation

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
A lot of time savings for such use cases.

8 Comments
achirila
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @SoretteMichel!

Thank you for your idea. Based on the information you provided, we are acknowledging it as the Community management team. This is not a commitment from the Product team. Other users may comment and vote your idea up.

JC_Niyonkuru
11-Garnet

Hello,

THanks for this idea and we have been able to implement it in WIndchill MPMLink 12.1.1 onwards

JC

SoretteMichel
12-Amethyst

Wow, great news, Thank you JC.

Do you have a specific maintenance release to communicate so we can get more information on how to use it from the release notes ?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

If that has been implemented at 12.1.1 and onwards, and @SoretteMichel is already at 12.1.2, then he should already be able to do this.  Why would he create this idea?

SoretteMichel
12-Amethyst

I confirm, we tried in 12.1.2.0 and also we opened a support call (c16802059) and the only workaround we found was to open the operation representation in Creo View MCAD, save position and replicate the position matrix in the other operation representations manually. But we might have missed something.

JC_Niyonkuru
11-Garnet

Hello

I made the video below to show how this is working

Thanks

JC

JC_Niyonkuru
11-Garnet
Status changed to: Delivered

SoretteMichel
12-Amethyst

Thanks a lot ! this copy/paste ressource capability is really handy , I probably missed the fact that i needed to be in playback mode to save the location properly. Anyway, thanks again for the clarification. I'll pass the info to the tech support to update the CS and associated info.