Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance mass update

Enhance mass update

Implement advanced and consistent mass update capabilities that can be used from any type of container or display (folder, workspace, search result, managed collection, clipboard). The user should have only to select the objects to be modified and the table to be display without to add to workspace, copy or whatever.

Use case :

As a product manager the marketing asked my to change the color of all articles of our new collection from blue to light blue. After a search in the new product lines context, I select all articles and turn to update mode to modify color like I would do in Excel.2012-11-09_08h41_49.png

6 Comments
GregoryPERASSO
13-Aquamarine

agree !

this kind of customization was done by EADS Astrium since Foundation 6.2.6

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

Have you considered doing this in Search?  You can search on multiple Part Numbers for example (; as a separator) and then do a Multiple Edit from the Search Results.  Would this meet the need?

GregoryPERASSO
13-Aquamarine

Hi Jeff

the idea is more about "usability" with excel like features.  (Column drags etc ...)

Will the nice to have this kind of ergonomic features in PSB and  all strcuture Views

regards

Gregory

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

Thanks - that is good clarification.  some editing use cases -

1. Pick many and change at once (already supported)
  2. Drag update (Excel like) (Drag and increment; Drag 1 value (ctrl-drag in Excel))

Are there others?

GregoryPERASSO
13-Aquamarine

Copy/paste from Excel  

may be not ...  sounds like the export/import from Excel

but at least having drop down list for Enumerated List attributes.

And in PSB for WTpart attributes.  Today it is only Usage Link attributes.  And really painfull to open a BOM in the PSB, and then having to update each Wtpart one by one ....

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived