We recently rolled out security labels in our system and a major concern of our stakeholders is the lack of warnings when a user applies a label that removes their own access.
-When creating a new object, there is no message at all. The system says it was created but you can't see it or search for it.
-Coming in from Creo, CAD objects are simply removed from your session.
-There is a message when you edit an existing object telling you to contact your admin but that's it.
Users are requesting the following:
-Validate security labels before creating/updating an object and warn user with the option to cancel the operation.
Thank you for publishing your idea. We need more information as specified in the form you saw in the submission process. (Questions below).
Please let us know within the next two weeks.
1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
2. What product & version are you currently running?
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
1. Aerospace, project manager, engineers and government overseers
2. Windchill PDMLink 11.1 M20 CPS 22
3,4. If a user accidently picks a label that removes their own access they are likely to think the system is broken especially on the initial create. This lowers confidence in the system will lead to more work for our admins to clean up.
5. This would increase user trust in a system they don't trust. Many of our users have a low opinion of PDMLink and would suggest we not use security labels at all because of the lack of warnings but it's the best option for our overall requirements.
Thank you for your idea and the information provided.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.