Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter a comment when we do a set state and see simply this comment

Enter a comment when we do a set state and see simply this comment

Some EASA audit require us to have a reason about manual set state action on some objects. So we need to enter a comment when we do this action. The comment must be accessible simply for example in the lifecycle history. It would be great if this comment can be configured to be required or not depending of the object type

2 Comments
joe_morton
13-Aquamarine

The workaround I use for this right now is to iterate the object and add the comment during check-in, then I do the set state.

aaronjlarson
11-Garnet

@joe_morton  The difficulty I have with your workaround is if the current state is not editable by the user, and that is the reason they want to be able to set state.  For example, let's say the object is in an authorized/released status and a small administrative correction needs to be made.  I would not want my user to be able to iterate the object at the released state but instead set it to an interim state, make correction, and then set back to released.  The other issue with this is that the set state does not create a new iteration.  In my example, the existence of the authorized state would be gone while the user has set the state to the interim one.  I think it would be helpful if the user had this option or if it could be configured to iterate upon a set state to avoid that problem.