cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Export Control et File Server Preference

0 Kudos

Export Control et File Server Preference

Nous voulons pouvoir bloquer ou forcer le file server au niveau des préférences utilisateurs car nous avons un vault pour les programmes commerciaux et un vault spécifique aux programmes export controls. L’utilisateur qui travaille sur des programmes export control à la capacité de modifier ses préférences et de choisir le vault commercial. L’impact dans ce cas-là est que lorsqu’il chargera/téléchargera des documents pour un container export control (donc associé au vault export control), le document passera par son vault de préférence et donc par le vault commercial qui n'est pas conforme aux règles export control  (PS: j'avais ouvert 2 cases à ce sujet C16249046 et C16220078 )

We want to be able to block or force the file server at the level of user preferences because we have a vault for commercial programs and a specific vault for export controls programs. The user who works on export programs has the ability to modify his preferences and choose the commercial vault. The impact in this case is that when he uploads/downloads documents for an export control container (therefore associated with the export control vault), the document will go through his preferred vault and therefore through the commercial vault which is not not compliant with export control rules (PS: I had opened 2 cases on this subject C16249046 and C16220078)

Translated with Google Translate by Olivier Le Pord on March 28th 2022. 

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.

• Industry: SAFRAN E&P /  Aeronautical equipment manufacturers based to US/UK/FR
  • My role: Support / Development / Expertise Windchill
  • Stakeholders: Engineering / Responsible of service PLM / Export Officers / Windchill owner

2. What product & version are you currently running?  

• Windchill 11.1 M020 CPS21

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.

• Described in my post

4. What is the use case for your organization?

• Described in my post

5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?

• Export Control Requirements
5 Comments
olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Clarification Needed

Hi @ST_9899989  and welcome to the Community. 

Thank you for publishing your idea. However, we need more information as specified in the form you saw in the submission process. (questions below). The more details and context you give to document your idea, the better. Think about ways to educate and convince other Community members to support your idea and present your case to the product management team for consideration. 

Please let us know within the next two weeks.

1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.

3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.

I invite you to check out this topic where 2 PTC executives explain product managers' approach to customer ideas and input for product roadmaps. 

ST_9899989
3-Visitor

Hello

About questions:

• Industry: SAFRAN E&P /  Aeronautical equipment manufacturers based to US/UK/FR
  • My role: Support / Development / Expertise Windchill
  • Stakeholders: Engineering / Responsible of service PLM / Export Officers / Windchill owner

• Windchill 11.1 M020 CPS21

• Described in my post

• Described in my post

• Export Control Requirements
olivierlp
Community Manager

Hello, 

Thank you for your idea and the information you provided.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.