1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Windchill 220.127.116.11
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. It is currently possible to configure "Filtering with Missing Expressions" in Windchill. This functionality will remove an object (usually an usage or occurrence link) if it does not have an expression. It is however limited to check the usage or occurrence individually. If I try to formulate it in words: If an usage is missing expression remove it and it's occurrences
If an occurrences is missing expression remove it and it's usage
What I would like to be able to do is:
If both the usage and it's related occurrence is missing expressions, remove both.
I have tried to visualize this in the attached pdf.
4. What is the use case for your organization? If you combine this functionality with "Independent AssignedExpressions" you can apply change management and effectivity on the expression object instead of on the configurable parent.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?