Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder browser display in Creo embedded browser enhancement request

Folder browser display in Creo embedded browser enhancement request

Search in folder functionality is not available in WC 10 M030 when browsing in Creo Embedded browser which is very much required and important functionality for users. As search in folder appears in Folder browser in IE but as Folder browser functionality is not available in Creo embedded browser so it’s not possible to get 'search in folder' functionality in creo Embedded browser. Pls. provide Folder browser for Creo embedded browser as well.

A PTC Case C11104245 was raised for the same.

4 Comments
egifford
3-Visitor

You can generally do this in commonspace (Windchill Cabinet) by browsing to the folder and using the "search in table" function at the top of the folder contents display.  It doesn't give you the controls that an Advanced Search does in the search function in the navigator panel, but it may do what you're looking for.search_folder.JPG

mgupta-3
1-Newbie

Erik,

'Search in Table' just search in currect folder / the objects displayed in open table whereas 'Search in Folder' functionality searched in folder, sub folders within a container context and display the result in WC search page. I got the patch for normal IE but the same functionality is not available for Creo Embadded IE. My enhancement request is to get the Folder explorer functionality for the library container to see the folder hirarrchical structure  and its content in right hand side table in Creo Embadded IE.

Pls. see the below screen shot and vote for the enhancement.

FolderBrowser.JPG

egifford
3-Visitor

Thanks for the clarification.  Have to agree that a function like that in an external browser session should be made available in the internal browser session.  When you say "patch", was that a patch provided by PTC to add that search function in the external browser?  I did find CS22115 that indicated "search within folder" was added back in to Windchill 10 at M040 (apparently it was in WC 9.1).  Unfortunately, like you, we're on 10 M030.  We went live on that version two months ago so I had never seen the function you have highlighted in your screenshot.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived