Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a report of my Windchill usage

Generate a report of my Windchill usage

By contract between my company and PTC, our usage can never exceed the number of license that we have purchased for any of the PTC Products.

Until recently, we were using PDMLink as our sole Windchill application.  I could get Logon information to determine monthly usage.  Now we are using ProjectLink, so that method is no longer valid.  PTC sent me a "Windchill_License_Tools" to audit the Apache logs.  Unfortunately, this is not giving me accurate output.  We need a reliable method to track Windchill Usage to stay legally compliant with the usage of these products.

3 Comments
mlockwood-2
Peridot

The OTB configAudit.xml  configuration includes login.  As long as this is enabled, just use Security Auditing for the time period of interest, selecting the event = Login.  Query for all user accounts that have logged in during time period of interest.

Marco_Tosin
Tanzanite

Michael,

I don't know if you are using query builder to get your information on Windchill usage.

In this case take a look at this document I wrote Resource for reporting

However still have not been able to find a way to figure out when a user logs in Windchill and when in ProjectLink

Marco

PTCModerator
Topaz I
Status changed to: Archived