Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Change Notice folder.id utilize subfolders

0 Kudos

Have Change Notice folder.id utilize subfolders

The CS article states that you can change the folder location for things like promotion requests, change requests, change notices, parts, etc.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS21487

I have modified my OIR for Promotion Requests to use folder.id of /Default/Promotion Requests/2016. This works fine.

I have done the same for Change Requests, /Default/Change/Change Requests/2016. This also works.

When I set Change Notice to use /Default/Change/Change Notice/2016, change notices fail to be created and I get an error. As soon as I reload the OIR with only /Default for the folder, I can create a change notice.

Shouldn't the folder.id setting work the same across all types of data?

Windchill 10.0 M040

I have not tested this in Windchill 11.0 m010.

When I did open a call with PTC support, their answer was works to spec. All of the Change processes should function the same or the spec for Change Notice is bad!

5 Comments
Aquamarine

This OIR works.

<AttributeValues objType="wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2">

<AttrValue

id="folder.id"

algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.folder.server.impl.FolderPathAttributeAlgorithm"

ignore="false"

force="false"

final="false">

<Arg>/Default/Change/Change Notice/2016</Arg>

</AttrValue>

</AttributeValues>

Sapphire II

In what version of Windchill, because in 10.0 m040 it does not work!

Aquamarine

In versions 10.2 and 11.0 it works

Peridot

We verified this in 10.2 M030 and 11.0 M010 as working.  Here is a snippet from the OIR we used

<AttributeValues objType="wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2">

<!-- set the folder -->

<AttrValue id="folder.id" algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.folder.server.impl.FolderPathAttributeAlgorithm">

<Arg>/Default/Change/Change Notice/2016</Arg>

</AttrValue>

Sapphire II

Thank you verifying it has been fixed...and pushing me closer to my 11.0 upgrade!