Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide comma for an Integer attribute on the UI

Hide comma for an Integer attribute on the UI

Hi All,

Hide a comma for an Integer attribute on the UI,OOTB  this feature is not present in Windchill10.1 M030.If you can  add this feature into Windchill lots of customer will get benefited.

Numeric  value With Comma.jpg

Thank You

Jiten Kumar Das

5 Comments
Participant

Assuming there's not a current preference for that, you could create one and override whatever display component that is.  My initial thoughts on the preference idea are that you dont want to read a db preference every time you build that type of display component, but the idea is definitely doable.

Taking your suggestion a step further, the ability to customize a number IBA's display format by type would be good.

I don't have a running instance in front of me to check now, so I apologize if I suggested something that's already there.

Moonstone

Vote up your own idea and because you forgot it, that one too: When creating a new product idea, it automatically adds a positive vote for the creator.

Pearl

I voted for this idea because PTC needs finally work on the display options of attributes. Also the possiblity to round some real numbers to 3 digits, etc.

Since I have some experience in customizing Windchill, I would write my own data utility to show the integer number without comma. But this is not for every table possible.

Aquamarine

Please find discussion link  posted by Shirish and hook this data utility to site.xconf you may use below property

<!-- Thie entry is added to display Interger Number without command on Information page -->
<Property name="//wt.services/svc/default/com.ptc.core.components.descriptor.DataUtility/CustomNumberFormatDU/java.lang.Object/0"
             overridable="true"
             targetFile="codebase/service.properties"
             value="ext.DataUtilities.CustomNumberFormatDataUtility/singleton"/>

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived