Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History log for resulting objects list in ECN

History log for resulting objects list in ECN

Dear user community and PTC.

There is no way to keep track of which objects are added or removed from the resulting objects lists of an ECN.

I suggest that a History Log tab is added so it is possible to keep track of changes made in these lists - important iformation is WHO made a change WHEN.

ECN history missing.png

Best regards

Tommy Rasmussen

Vestas Wind Systems

6 Comments
Pearl

Just for clarification, if a user gets a Change Task and he first connects an object and afterwards he removes it, that should be logged?

As soon the Change Task is being released it should be not possible to remove the objects anymore. If any change is necessary you can think about revising the Change Notice and select the Change Task which also should be revised. There the history is being kept.

Hi Bjorn - thanks for your feedback.

I know that it is possible to keep track of changes between different revisions of a Change Task.

The problem is that we don't intend to revise the Change Task every time a user add or remove objects in the resulting objects list.

Pearl

But for what reason do you need the history. Isn't it enough to keep the moment where the Change Task is being solved? I know only business cases where the engineer adds all his work to the task and another is reviewing those objects. As soon the the review is done, the Change Task is being promoted to state resolved and nobody can add or remove the objects anymore.

Moonstone

We have the case where if the user is in the middle of the change task and it gets canceled or goes in a different direction.  They will have revised objects and then remove them from the task.  Since the change isn't going to happen on those objects, they need to go back to the previously released revision.  In the case of canceled, they are supposed to leave the objects on the CN and the auditor is supposed to handle them from there.  However sometimes the users don't follow directions.  Or in the case of one that they is still okay, if they remove a revised object, the auditor should know it for correcting the situation.

I don't think it is practical though from a performance standpoint.

Yes - every time an object is added or removed should the history log list the event by showing the users name and the timestamp.

It is relevant when many users have acces to change the list.

Visitor

Could you post some clear use cases showing why this would be of benefit? I see the issue of the revised objects that don't get released, but there is already another thread for that topic.

I am recording all the affected objects in a WTArrayList for the purpose of sending them to the ERP system ahead of the change completion. I then have to update the list any time it changes. You could do the same with the resulting objects table, and then perform some action based on the contents of the list, or changes to the list. You could even assign a task to remove the unused revisions.