cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Individual User Opt Out of Email Notifications

Individual User Opt Out of Email Notifications

Provide a user setting where users can select not to receive email notifications for workflow tasks.

4 Comments
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

How will a user be notified that they have an assigned task if they do not receive an email notification?

I do suppose if they are disciplined enough t look at their Windchill home page and have Tasks enabled, they would see their tasks, but in my experience, the users are not this disciplined.

hmamaril
3-Visitor
We have users who spend a great deal of their time in the tool (CM, CAD designers) who get a lot of email traffic and would just like to opt out since they are used to checking their task list on a regular bases. Others, esp those who just participate in approvals, need the emails since Windchill is not the primary tool they spend time in. They love the email notifications. Hence the request for an individual opt out.
BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

I concur with having the option.  I have so many different objects that route in Windchill that my engineering group didn't want the emails anymore.  They just look on their home pages.  But it would be nice for newer employees to be able to get them while they are learning the system and if they want to turn them off to be able to later.

olivierlp
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Hello,

We are archiving your idea as part of a general review. This action is based on the age of your idea and the total number of votes received, as per this announcement.

You can always post a new idea with all the details required in the form.

Thank you for your participation.