cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate task information and the subject of the task in case of change objects

Integrate task information and the subject of the task in case of change objects

In Windchill 9, the task information and the information of the subject like Change Request or Change Notice were combined in one webpage. In Windchill 10, users get lost in all the windows. They have a hard time to find back the task and close it once they have executed the task.

I believe a better combination of the workflow tasks and the related information that needs to updated would help users to better stay on track.

5 Comments
Tanzanite

Arjan,

you have to vote up for your idea.

Participant

Thank your for your feedback

Garnet

Arjan,

I think what you're talking about is the webpage for a workflow task, correct?  Essentially what you're describing is that the information page for the PBO that the workflow is running on is contained below the COMPLETE TASK button for the workflow task in Windchill 9.

This was removed in Windchill 10.x.  However, one can use Task Form Templates to re-gain some of this information.

But going one step further, with the latest Windchill 10.2 M030, I think this achievable without the use of Task Form Templates.  I think M030 will give you the Current Functionality you're looking for.

Jeffrey Zemsky‌‌ or Scott Morris‌‌, can you perhaps post some screenshots and mark as Current Functionality?

Peridot

This is supported in 10.2 M030 - we support a new capability called Native Task Templates.  You can now configure attributes, actions and tables on 1 to n tabs  from the PBO to be on your Workflow Activity.  Further you can define as many templates with different layouts so you can have very specific information and actions related to your activity.

Out of the box we are providing a set of pre-defined tasks for change.  However as 10.2 M030 is not a migration release we cannot insert them into your workflows - these will need to be configured in.  This is just a selection in the workflow activity definition UI.

Here are some shots showing the Task Template Editor and some screenshots of a workflow activity.  I have another example showing PBO attributes and actions that I will upload later.

task_template_admin.pngtask2.png

Participant

Hi,

The last screenshot looks indeed what I was looking for. I will have a look at it myself.

Thank you for the feedback.

Arjan.