1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. We are an Engineering to Order company of large water treatment equipment. I am the Windchill Administrator for the company. Our stakeholders for this issue is the CAD users. We currently run both CREO and Inventor as our primary CAD tools.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Currently 11.1 M020 -CPS20, however, looking to update to 12.0 in the very near future.
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Currently we try to use Inventor Frame Generator, however, we are running into issue when trying to copy an exiting file (using the Save As function) that was created with the Frame Generator functions. We have all the options turned on per the articles, however the articles I can find only mention new Frame Generator files, nothing about replicating the files and being able to use them.
4. What is the use case for your organization? We create skid mounted custom equipment or however we also will use existing designs on a new job to save on design time. When we re-use an existing design with Frame Generator in Inventor it is not allowing all the files to be grabbed and added a new number.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Due to the nature of our business it costs us between 10-20 hours per job to redesign if we cant get the correct functionality. We believe this has to do with the information that is passed from Inventor to Windchill and how Frame Generator is an added to Inventor.