1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders.
Design of deployable shipping container systems
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?
Version 11.1 M020-CPS17
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Could the read-only editions of Inventor be added to the list of software Workgroup Manager can associate to it? People from the shop floor staff, who don't need a full license, could then open models and designs in the native program using the WWGM. As I understand, this would require additional WWGM licences which would work in PTC's favour.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
The ability for shop floor to inspect the models in the native program adding to a greater understanding of the design.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
This would represent a medium value.