Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Reporting/Warning when pool nearly used up

License Reporting/Warning when pool nearly used up

Situation: In our Company we had the case that the pool of available License were used up unexpectedly. The acquisition of new License needs up to 14 Days because we using the offline administration to have better cost control. This can not be changed. Due to this process unfortunately several employees could not work in windchill during this time, that should be prevented. The current existing license report in Windchill can not be send automatically via email.

Request: Provide information/licence report to defined email address, including Non-Windchill-User, when licence pool is nealry used up.

E.g. one or more License-Manager should get up to 3 Warnings including the actual License Report in three configurable steps when the pool of available License of one or more license group is almost used up. The configurable steps define when the first, second, third Warning will be triggered off, for example in numbers when 40, 20 and 10 or in percent when 15%,10% and 5% of available License left. The License Report should contain the actual overview of available and used license and highlighting that one which are in the critical area. The Warning/Report should sent by email, best configurable about a data monitor. This should also work to Non-Windchill-User because License-Manager often only responsible for license acquisition nothing else.

2 Comments
d_graham
Moonstone

I’ve got something like this working.

I wrote a LicenseHelper class that gets all license features and their total and available licenses.

I then created a simply workflow that runs the code at predetermined time intervals (whatever you specify). If the available license value falls below the specified threshold (can be a number or percentage) an email is sent to warn the appropriate people. The body of the email displays all relevant info. Anything below the threshold is bold red.

Seems to get the job done.

My report looks like this, nothing fancy but the info is there:

d_graham_0-1590936121603.png

MrPresident
Participant

Hello d_graham !

Sounds like a perfect solution, well done ! That would be all I need.
Can you give more details how I can do the same by my own ? 😅