1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Industrial manufacturing (rolling bearings) and services with +3.000 Windchill users. My role is PLM Implementation specialist, acting as project manager for global projects that have PLM at the core, setting standards and ways of working across the entire company. Stakeholders: Engineering, R&D, Quality, Purchasing, Sales
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Windchill 11.1
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Technical document owners/authors who are not used to PDMLink UI should have a user-friendly way to edit documents in Windchill, e.g. Word documents contained in WTDoc objects; while keeping the Windchill functionality. Windchill Desktop Integration is not good enough, fails often.
Arbortext is too complicated for people who are not "technical writers".
4. What is the use case for your organization? +6.000 individual documents and dozens of document owners/authors.
Note: this is only the current use case that is being executed as we speak - there is additional upside potential.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Managing technical documentation related to products in Windchill instead of in separate systems. Enriched eBOM.