cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost functionality - when publish drawing, create plain DXF and not DXF inside ZIP for one sheet drw

Lost functionality - when publish drawing, create plain DXF and not DXF inside ZIP for one sheet drw

Hello,

up to CreoView Adapters 6.1, when EPMDoc drawing was published to DXF, plain DXF was created for single sheet drawings without shaded views.

In CVA 7.0, DXF is always published as ZIP file and log was included.

In CVA 7.1, log is no longer included, but DXF is still inside ZIP file, even if there is no reason for it.

Please, restore functionality from CVA 6.x, because customers downloading or using DXF, they need additional steps to download ZIP, extract it and then they can use it. Before, they can use DXF directly from Windchill.

So, I don't request new functionality, just to restore old, perfectly good one.

Thanks.

3 Comments
TomazJeras
Gravel

More of that behavior is explained in CS330234.

To clarify, my idea is for DXF/DWG without dependent files.

TomU
Emerald II

+1  Completely agree.  If there is only one file, why zip it?  What used to be simple one click access to the DXF file now requires everyone to download a zip file and extract it somewhere before they can get to the DXF file (and then remember to go back and clean up the zip file and respective folder that was created during extraction.)

Come on PTC, why are you adding *MORE* clicks to accomplish the same task?

TomU_0-1618835067293.png

This also screws up the DXF file name because the afterloader hook does not rename the files inside the zip file.  (See CS252900.)

TomU_1-1618835251920.png

TomazJeras
Gravel

Thanks TomU.

Even more, it seems that afterloader hook method could be broken. I somehow cannot enable "the other" AfterEDRLoader utility (CS216668) to save zipped DXF to disk. It works for PDF and STEP, but not for DXF inside ZIP.

According to description, zipped representations are supported in latest AfterEDRLoader, but it does not work for me.

I have to analyze code more to see, if code is broken or system call to afterloader method (com.ptc.wvs.util.AfterEDRloader/copyToEPM) does not supply all reps.