- Electrical and electronic equipment manufacturing
What is your role in your organization?
- PLM administrator and project leader in the area of Windchill development according to the needs of internal departments using the system
Describe your stakeholders. - R&D, product industrialization department, quality control, product certification laboratory, and other departments dependent on technical management
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? 22.214.171.124
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Need to be able to duplicate a process plan by changing part of the plan structure.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
Increasingly, there is a growing need to be able to produce semi-finished products on different work centers, yet maintain the same process plan.
Production scheduling needs to optimize the use of work centers according to production orders resulting from sales.
So the need is to create process plan alternatives by changing only the work center on which to produce, but keeping everything else in the plan unchanged (see below image).
What has just been described should be multiplied by dozens or hundreds of process plans at a time, depending on the optimization of work center occupancy.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
At present, it is impossible for the time and methods department to make the changes required by the production schedule within the required time.
Therefore, production scheduling is forced to manually execute these changes in the scheduling SW.
However, this mode of operation results in discrepancies between what is provided in the ERP system (in our case, Windchill is connected to SAP for sending, via Tibco and Windchill ESI, material master records, BoM, process plans, and ECNs) and what results to management control, which uses data from the production scheduler.