1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? Automotive
What is your role in your organization? Business Analyst
Describe your stakeholders.
Product Owners = what we produce on the shop floor
Manufacturing Owners = responsible for our production and how we produce on the shop floor
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? 126.96.36.199
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
It is not possible to create a sequence below a operation.
Due to this, it is cumbersome to maintain parallelism on lower than first level of a process plan.
4. What is the use case for your organization? To be able to send correct data to downstream ERP solutions.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? This is a GAP in Windchill, so other PLM-solution may be needed to select that has this capability.
Creating/developing/managing process plan/routing in Windchill should be at least as powerful and user friendly than best in class ERP system.
To have a 1 to 1 integration to ERP requires that the users see the advantage on their daily work. i.e. quicker to create and develop process plan, improve quality and accuracy of the process plan and cost roll up etc....